Winter Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A genral guide

2 posters

Go down

A genral guide Empty A genral guide

Post  AceVentura Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

1. When I try to patch, it always says "timeout". What do I do?
Try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus and making sure that Launcher.exe and SFrame.exe are added to your firewall exceptions list. If it still won't patch, contact tech support. (thanks to Colbeagle for this answer)

2. Why do I get disconnected from the server every time I try to make a character?
There is a timer on the character creation screen. It is best to come in with an idea of what you want your character to look like and several possible names.

3. Which class should I choose?
My advice on this issue is to pick whatever class you think looks fun. If you like healing and buffing, go Cleric. If you like being sneaky and hiding in the shadows, go Strider (and transfer to Assassin at second job). If you like using bows, make a bow-using Fighter (and go Archer at second job). I could continue, but you get my point. Class descriptions can be found here:http://rappelz.alizarinhq.com/class/. You can also check out the official race description videos here: http://rappelz.gpotato.com/download/tutorial.php

4. Where do I get a mount?
You can get a mount (Ornitho) at the Adventure Guide in any city. In Laksy, the Adventure Guide is located at the anchor, not in the main city. You can also get faster mounts (Lydians) through the cash shop. You also get a 1 hour Ornitho from Sistina, the second newbie trainer on Trainee's Island, as a quest reward.

5. My friend and I are both in the town on Trainee's Island but we can't see each other. Why?
Two possible reasons: first of all, check the top of your mini-map at the top right hand corner of your screen. It will say your location and a number. If the numbers are different, you are on different channels. To get on the same channel, go to the teleporter npc and select "change the channel", then select the channel your friend is on. If you are on the same channel, then you probably have people turned off in town. To fix this, go to options (alt+o) and checck the box that says "show people and pets in town". If that still doesn't work, then you are probably on different servers.

6. Is it possible to switch characters between servers?
No.

7. How do I shout?
You must be level 20 to shout. Once you reach level 20, you can shout by putting a ! in front of whatever you say. Example: if you want to shout Hello world!, you would type !Hello world! in the chat window. Note that if you shout too much, your hp and mp will take damage.

8. What is OB?
OB is overbreeding. There are two types of overbreeding: pet and character. Pet overbreeding is taking a pet to level 60 before evolving it to evo 2 (pets can get to evo 2 at level 50). This opens up another set of passive skills that you can teach your pet. Additionally, your pet will gain 2 jp per level instead of 1. You cna also OB your pet at evo 3. For the OB at evo 3 you will take your pet to level 115 before you evolve it (pets can get to evo 3 at lvl 100). Character overbreeding is taking a character to job level 50 before transferring to your second job. Character OB gives about 4-5 points in each stat except luck, which gets 2 points. Character OB has nothing to do with level, just job level. Typically people finish OB around lvl 55-60 depending on class, how many times they died, and how many skills they maxed out beforehand. Any skills that you did not max before you transferred your job can still be leveled up after your job transfer.

9. How do I set up a shop?
Type /shop in the chat window and drag any items you want to sell into the window. If you change the prices significantly from the "suggested" prices it will warn you. Just click confirm and your shop will set up. You can switch between buying and selling by clicking the buttons at the top of the shop window. Note that you can only buy something if you have one of that item already.

10. Where do I buy pet cards?
You can buy Pantera, Poultry, and Tortus cards at the merchant npc in any town except on Trainee's Island (8000r). If you are a summoner class, you will get one as a quest reward from the summoner on Trainee's Island. Other pet cards can only be bought from other players or farmed from mobs that look like the pet you want.

11. How do I tame my pet?
First of all, unless you get the card from an npc (Pantera, Poultry, or Tortus), I would recommend finding a tamer to tame the card for you. Just shout in world chat that you are looking for a good tamer and you should get a response. Some will charge you, so ask them their price before you agree to use them. If you want to tame your own pet, here are the steps: Look on the card, it will tell you which mobs you can tame. For the npc pets it is any mob under level 30 that looks like the pet. The npc pets can all be found near the town of Horizen (or on Trainee's Island). Find a mob with full hp and cast your taming skill. When it is finished, the mob will attack you. You need to kill it. Once it is dead, a message will tell you whether it succeeded or failed. If the taming fails, you will lose your card.

12. Ok, I tamed a pet. Now how do I summon it?
Open your creature formation window (alt+y) and double click the tamed pet card. It will appear in the formation window. Click OK. Then you be able to summon your pet using the Summon Creature skill.

13. How do I give a weapon to my pet?
First buy the weapon you wish to use (2h swords and 2h axes are the best for most pets). Upgrade it if you want (not necessary though). Then go to the Merchant npc and purchase a unit card (500r). Combine the weapon with the unit card then drag the combined weapon into one of the slots below the creature's image in the creature formation window (alt+y). You can do the same thing with armor.

14. How do I remove a weapon from a unit card?
Buy a Chalk of Restoration from the Merchant npc (1000r). Combine it with the unit card item and it will be restored. All +, levels, and soulstones will be intact.

15. I bought a weapon/armor but I can't equip it. Why?
Two possible reasons: First, it could be the wrong level for you. If you click on the weapon once it will show its stats and requirements. Check the required level. If you aren't the required level, you will not be able to equip it. If it is an armor, it will also have race and class requirements. Check to see if you meet those as well. If you meet all of the requirements, it is probably in a unit card (it will have a border and a little sun symbol on it). See number 14 for directions on how to remove it.

16. What do I do when my Trainee's Tent runs out?
Unless you want to buy a new one from the cash shop you just continue without it. You don't need stamina to play the game, it just helps you level faster.

17. How do I combine stuff?
Its pretty simple really. First of all, the only things you can combine are weapons, armor, and cards (with skill cubes) as well as items with unit cards to use on pets and better chaos stones for your chaos necklace. For weapons and armor, just place the cube (defense for armor, strike for weapon) and the equipment you want to enchant in the combination window and hit combine. It will either succeed or fail, with your chance to fail increasing with every enchantment. While no enchantment level is safe, it is generally fairly safe to get to +3 unless you are very unlucky and I usually am able to get to +5 on rank 2 equipment. Just remember that the rank of the cube must match the rank of the item you are enchanting. For cards, it is slightly more complicated. To make a +2 card, you need 2 +1 skill cards and a skill cube. Put them all together in the combination window and hit combine. It will either succeed or fail (about 60-70% chance of failure). To make a +3 card, you need 2 +2 cards and a skill cube. For a +4, 2 +3 and a skill cube, and so on. Very few people have cards higher than +5.

18. What level can I change to my second job?
Level 50 and job level 40. You can also overbreed your job level to 50 if you like. See number 8 for more info on overbreeding. Job transfer is not level dependent once you reach level 50 (i.e. you don't have to change jobs right at 50). Overbreeding usually takes several extra levels beyond 50.

19. I'm having problems starting the game and I use Vista. Any help?
Read this guide: http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=636523&sid=d5c9a9c3e46df19ca1f55022b80422eb

20. Can I use WASD to move?
No. WASD is not in the game and there are no plans to implement it. Ever.
AceVentura
AceVentura

Back to top Go down

A genral guide Empty Re: A genral guide

Post  2none Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 am

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet this guid should be on rappelz's official site:DD

2none

Back to top Go down

Post  AceVentura Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:17 am

Lmao thanks, I got some ideas off the site mind. Just added to what I thought was necessary
AceVentura
AceVentura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down